Rittika Mallik has accepted the position as T.A. for BINF 3121 in spring 2018.
Thank you very much to everyone who submitted an application!
Thus far, we have offered the class every semester, so there will be addition chances to help teach the class as a T.A. in future. Please check back here for updates.
Do you think statistics is fun – or at least extremely useful?
Did you know that one of the best ways to master a topic is to teach it to others? Are you a student in the Bioinformatics PSM program?
Do you like getting paid to learn?
If yes, you should consider becoming the Spring 2018 Teaching Assistant for BINF 3121 – Statistics for Bioinformatics.
(BINF 3121 is a required course in the undergraduate bioinformatics program, with class size typically between 5 and 10 students.)
- Attend class and help with in-class exercises
- In spring of 2018, the class meets one day a week – on Monday 12:30 to 3:15
- Some grading, using answer key provided by instructor (often can be done in class)
- Tutor students one-on-one or in groups as needed
- Must be a student in the Bioinformatics PSM program
- Received B grade or better in Bioinformatics Dept. statistics course (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of R programming (or willingness to learn quickly!)
Other useful info:
- Public Canvas link to Fall 2017 offering (same instructor)
- Workload rarely exceeds 10 hours/week, depending on student needs
- Rate of pay is around $1000/month, depending on experience & qualifications
- BINF 3121 is usually offered every semester – teaching BINF 3121 could become a steady gig depending on how things go!
To apply, contact Dr. Ann Loraine at email@example.com.