We are located on the fourth floor of the Plants for Human Health Institute Building operated by NC State University at the North Carolina Research Campus.
Our address is 600 Laureate Way.
You can park on the street or in the parking garage across from the building. Parking is free.
- Come to 600 Laureate Way, Kannapolis (Plants for Human Health Institute)
- Sign in and get a visitor’s badge in the NC State front office
- Take elevator to fourth floor
- When you exit the elevator, turn left
- We are in the office suite left of the elevator
Loraine Lab, 600 Laureate Way, Plants for Human Health Institute, Kannapolis, NC 28081
Public transportation from UNC Charlotte campus to the Research Campus:
- Take the number 11 bus from the UNC Charlotte campus to the Amtrak train station in Charlotte.
- Take northbound (toward Greensboro) train to Kannapolis Amtrak train station
- Walk north (right) on South Main.
- Turn left onto South First.
- Turn right onto Research Campus Drive.
There are three trains a day in each direction between Kannapolis and Charlotte. The evening train coming from New York to Charlotte is frequently late. We do not recommend taking the evening train back to Charlotte as the neighborhood around the Charlotte train station may be dangerous after dark.
If visiting from the UNC Charlotte Campus, we recommend taking the 7:00 am train from Charlotte to Kannapolis and returning on the 2:30 train.