Bioinformatics and Science
- Carnegie Mellon University curated list of employers in computational biology
- The Importance of stupidity in scientific research by Martin A. Schwartz
- Call yourself a programmer and other career advice by Yossi Kreinin
- Mick Watson’s Guide for the Lonely Bioinformatician
- Advice on How to survive science by Adam Micolich
- Interviewing for systems design and maintenance: How to not screw up your DevOps interview by George Offley
- Job Hunting in the Age of LinkedIn by Emily Holcomb. “Tips for the people doing the hiring, from someone who was looking for work.”
- How Netflix re-invented hiring and firing – professional sports team analogy.
- Jobs on Toast - advice blog for PhD graduates looking for employment outside higher education
- Qualities Google looks for in job candidates
After you get your dream job, what’s next?
- Ten Tips for New Executives by Fay Vincent. “Jokes are risky. Email is forever. Don’t answer hypothetical questions. Never complain.”
- Ben Dixon’s What I’d tell myself about startups if I could go back 5 years
- The Advantages and Challenges of Being Self-Employed by Brett Arends. “You must plan, and save aggressively, to make the most of it. And the tax benefits aren’t as generous as you may think.”